Friday, February 11, 2011

Can you help me get onto the platform please?

Today, Kali, Brittany, Christina and I decided to do what any kid who grew up with Harry Potter would do in London, find platform 9 and 3/!
We went to King's Cross station, went inside and were properly overwhelmed. So I went to the info desk and asked the guy there "Hi, where is Platform 9 and 3/4?". He didn't even blink. 
Now there is a lot of construction going on, so we walked past it the first time. I stopped another man who worked there, but all I said has "Hi..." and he jumped in and said "just keep walking, you'll find it". 
So apparently we were screaming "tourist" but I'm ok with that! It might have had something to so with the fact that we were all humming the Harry Potter theme song from the movies...
We finally found it (poor Harry by the way, King's Cross is quite intimidating if you don't know where you are going!), the wall it is in is under construction, so they made a fake brick wall and had a trolley halfway in it. So it was kinda lame, but still cool enough to be really fun. I think I'm going to go back in May or early June to see if the construction is done and try again!


going to Hogwarts!

No comments:

Post a Comment