Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Go Ape!

On sunday Kali and I went on another trip with the ISH Travel Club (the trip to Bath and Stonehenge earlier this year was through them also). It was to a forest outside of London for a zip line corse in the trees called Go Ape Adventures.
It. Was. Awesome!!!!

After a brief safety/instructional session (in which I was the lucky ginea pig to demonstrate how to use the harness), we were all strapped into our harnesses and let loose in the trees on a corse with 4 sections of mid-air obstecals and 4 zip lines.
The first zip-line I got turned around and kinda crashed landed, as you can see here
its a little shakey, there were some problems when i was uploading it

here is the second zip line, you can see i went straight almost all the way down and even landed properly!

here is an action shot!
 Kali and I waiting to go up in the course.

 These nets were on a "tarzan swing" were you basically strapped yourself to a rope and swung across to crash into said net. awesome!

Here I am demonstrating.











On the last one I gave my camera to Kali so she could get some of me actually doing the course.
her was one of the tarzan swings, it was the biggest one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLmKL4stkdo

and here is the last zip line.
ignore my right leg, I was trying not to turn around and it was going all over the place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYab6HjgB8Q

yup! the course took about 2-2 1/2 hours to complete.
After that we walked around the park a little and headed back into London.
A very good study break from writing 2 essays I would say,

No comments:

Post a Comment